Inspec, is an equal opportunity employer, with over 60 people working out of one of four offices in the Midwest. The company employs engineers, architects, registered roof consultants, a registered waterproofing consultant, registered roof observers, a green roof professional, field observers, certified thermographers, and other technical and support staff enabling us to provide services to clients on local, regional, and national levels. Inspec has a current Affirmative Action plan approved by the State of Minnesota. Inspec has offices in Minneapolis, Rochester, Milwaukee, and Chicago.
On occasion we find ourselves looking for bright, energetic people, who enjoy the details of building envelope investigation, design, and construction observation. Should there be a current job opening, it will be listed below. Inquiries should be directed to: email@example.com
Inspec is currently seeking well qualified persons to fill the following positions:
Inspec is an award-winning independent engineering/architectural consulting firm focused on components of the building enclosure including roofs, walls, windows, waterproofing, pavements, and other specialty areas. The company was founded in 1973 and is dedicated to improved and sustainable design, construction practices, and maintenance of the building enclosure.
Inspec is seeking a highly motivated roof consultant to provide roof design and detailing for the Minneapolis, MN Office.
- Knowledge of low-slope and steep-slope roofing systems and understand construction, as well as the use and application of sealants, flashings, thermal insulation, and air/water/vapor barrier materials within the systems listed above.
- Be able to read and understand architectural, and have a general understanding of structural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing drawings and technical specifications.
- Be able to work with clients and other consulting staff to develop new architectural details and/or remedial details and specifications for roofing systems.
- Be able to work outdoors on roofs doing field verification of existing conditions to develop construction documents. Field verification will require physical ability to perform activities such as climb stairs and ladders, carry and work with tools, as well as the ability to work at roof edges with safety equipment.
- Be able to communicate and work both independently and within a team environment.
- Have excellent communication and writing skills.
- Be proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, and experienced with Bluebeam and Auto CAD.
- Periodic travel may be required.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to pass background check(s) to obtain access to secure facilities.
- Licensed Architect (or working toward licensure)
- Licensed Engineer (or working toward licensure)
- Registration (or working toward registration) as an RRC (Registered Roof Consultant) with IIBEC.
- Experience with Revit
- Experience with wall systems
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Company benefits for a full-time position including 401k.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or directly contact Chuck Schuh at Inspec (763-546-3434).